Friday, May 30, 2014

Faithful

The song plays in my head over and over, like His faithfulness: never ending- never ceasing.

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Yes! We have made it to the mountaintop! I am done with maintenance chemo and so thankful for God’s healing.  Looking back over this past two years my heart just resonates with these verses from Matt Redman’s song. He has done so much for us and I just want to give Him the glory.

As I look back his faithfulness was so evident.
Jehovah-Nissi-  our banner of encouragement
Jehovah-Jireh – our provider who meets all our needs
Jehovah-Shalom – our peace in every situation
Jehovah-Rohi – our shepherd and guide
Jehovah-Rapha – our healer from every disease
Jehovah-Shammah- our ever-present help- always with us.

I have seen His faithfulness throughout my life, but going thru the cancer battle I came to recognize it so much more. I know I could have never made it through without Him being with me every day- every step of the way.

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Phil was with me as much as he could be. I know he would have been with me every moment – but there were some places he wasn’t allowed. Even though I had to enter some rooms alone, -never once was I truly alone. The Holy Spirit was with me.
When my thoughts would torment me He would speak a word,  when I needed courage He would provide it.  When I thought I couldn’t take anymore He would hold me in His arms and reassure me that He would bring me through. He was always there.

Do you feel alone in your struggle?   Does it seem that no one cares?
God loves you and is with you.  Ask Him to walk beside you.  Take His hand and let Him guide you.  Sit with Him and read His word and He will instruct you.  Praise Him and He will lift heaviness and depression off you.  Tell him you can’t do it and instead let Him do it.  Lean on Him, He will hold you up.

When I look down at my belly I see the scars- not pretty to the physical eye -but to me, a thing of beauty, for they serve to remind me of His great faithfulness!

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once!  He was and is always there.  Oh praise Him for His faithfulness!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=722zPX1npcA&feature=kp



No comments:

Post a Comment