Monday, April 7, 2014

Faith Prayers

You think I would have learned by now.  I’ve been praying wrong again. Worry Prayers instead of Faith Prayers.  “Please God, don’t let this happen” prayers instead of “Thank you” prayers. But I was up for three hours in the middle of the night (again) fretting over a loved one. Praying Worry Prayers

God, you never fret and worry.  You are seated on your throne.  Full of life, love, peace, and joy, you are not pacing back and forth worried about all your children who seem to stray daily off the right path.  How do I get to that same peaceful place that God inhabits when everything seems to be falling apart? 

Philippians 4:6 &7 says - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So how do I obtain peace?
Go to God with my request.
Give the situation totally to Him (no take backs).
Quit trying with my puny mind and limited resources to control the outcome.
Trust Him that He will do what is best.
Thank Him that He is more than able to handle anything I give to Him.
Rest in Him for He has it all under control.

Two verses earlier Philippians 4:4 says - Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.   
Is this the key- where I should start?  Rejoicing in who God is, in His ability to handle all this?

Oh God, you came to set the captives free.  You said to the dry bones, ”Live!” and they came to life. You opened blind eyes; you can open my love one’s to see the truth. Nothing is too hard for You!

It's hard to stop these anxious thoughts. Fear and worry come more naturally to me than fight and faith. But we are in a battle and the way to win is thru Faith Prayers.

Psalm 68 says - Let God arise and His enemies be scattered.
 Those enemies- fear and worry – will be scattered when I offer up praise and thanksgiving- when I magnify God and His goodness to me. Thanking him before I see any change. 

Faith not fear  
Trust not worry
Faith Prayers not Worry Prayers

God hears all our prayers: prayers of desperation, prayers of anguish, even our worry prayers, but if we get thru those prayers to prayers of faith, that is when God’s peace will come and the battle will be won!





No comments:

Post a Comment